Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blake Family Cruise

Brandon, Josh, and I just came back from our European adventure with the Blake Clan. It started off with a 10-day Mediterranean Cruise and finished with 3 fun-filled days touring Rome. The cruise brought us to the beautiful cities of Florence, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, and Palermo. We had a ton of tasty food, great wine, and best of all, time to visit and relax with the entire family. Brandon was a superstar throughout the trip and couldn't have been a more perfect traveler. Despite having to take naps everyday in the Ergo carrier or stroller, lack of playtime on the floor, and being kept up until 1 or 2am every night, he always had a smile on his face and soaked up every ounce of time with his Nana, Papa, Uncles, Aunt, Cousin, Great Aunt, and parents. We had an amazing trip and can't thank our Nana and Papa enough for giving us memories that will last a lifetime.

All packed and ready to go...sorry, Halo, you have to stay home.
Brandon and I playing on the plane (2 hours down, 8.5 to go).
Trying to keep Brandon cool while he naps in the 95 degree weather.
Nana, Papa, and Brandon taking in the gorgeous view of Florence.
Larry, Josh, Brandon (asleep), and me in Monte Carlo.
The palace in Monte Carlo.
Brandon trying to get his hat off. He wants nothing to do with hats.
Nana and Brandon at dinner
Uncle Justin takes a turn trying to keep Brandon entertained at the dinner table.
Sunset on the boat
Brandon and cousin Gabriel
Brandon and Uncle Brett
Getting dirty on the deck floor
Papa and Brandon
Cutest buns ever!Formal dinner night on the boat.

Brandon's European hairdo

Exploring the floor.
Brandon LOVED pool time!

Last night on the cruise

Trevi Fountain in Rome

Great Aunt Judy, Papa, and Brandon

St. Peter's Basillica in Rome

St. Peter's Square

Naptime while touring the Vatican

The Colliseum in Rome

Cab ride in Rome. Notice the lack of carseat we have here.

Crawling and clapping in the hotel bathroom.

Last night of the trip in the Piazza de Popolo.

Brandon on the plane ride home.

6 comments:

katy said...

Looks like a pretty rough vacation Rach. Fabulous beyond belief actually! So wish I could have gone to be the nanny. :) B looks like he's such a big boy now! And you all look amazing in the pics! Glad you're back and can't wait to see you guys! XOXO

JohnnyZee said...

Hey Guys,

Welcome Back! We missed you, Rachel can Josh come out and play now?

Jack and Alison said...

Brandon looks so much bigger!!! I love the pictures and am so happy you posted them! I've been checking and checking....such a nerd. We miss you and can't wait to see you soon!!!

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook said...

FINALLY! I've been checking every day since you left hoping it would be updated soon! Can't wait to see the boy!! And the parents!! The pictures look great, as does the trip.

P.S. Those are definitely the cutest buns ever!

P.S. Looks like you are taking parenting advice from Britney Spears - don't worry, I won't report you.

Carin Seim said...

I hope Brandon learned some Italian on the trip too :)

spookybell said...

Oh your pictures are great!!! Clearly you all had a fantastic time. I am very impressed at Brandon for being so good on such a long flight. I can not say that I could produce half the happy face he has. What a dolly!!!!
Stacy