In the last month and a half or so, Brandon has decided that he is pretty much done with naps. Naptime has always been a challenge for us, ever since he was about 4 months old, and it just got harder and harder with age. For the last 5 months, I've had to lay down with him anywhere from 20-60 minutes to get him to sleep. Obviously, since Jordan's been born, that has become a little more of a challenge. For awhile, I was laying down with both of them, and usually all 3 of us would fall asleep. However, several weeks ago, Brandon stopped falling asleep, even if we laid there for over an hour. The positive of all of this is that he falls asleep earlier at night and rather quickly (20 minutes or less, usually) and for the last 2 weeks, we've been able to leave his room and he's fallen asleep all by himself! This is a HUGE milestone for us!!
All this being said, we (Brandon and I) both need a little break/ quiet time after lunch. So, most days, we read a few books and then I let him watch an Elmo movie and cuddle up for "rest time" on the couch. Sometimes, he actually falls asleep for a quick little power nap too. (And, no, I don't usually set Jordan up next to him to watch tv, it was just an irresistible camera moment.)



All this being said, we (Brandon and I) both need a little break/ quiet time after lunch. So, most days, we read a few books and then I let him watch an Elmo movie and cuddle up for "rest time" on the couch. Sometimes, he actually falls asleep for a quick little power nap too. (And, no, I don't usually set Jordan up next to him to watch tv, it was just an irresistible camera moment.)
2 comments:
So cute!! And I love the picture I took of the two of you :)
very cute, especially the day he passed out.
Post a Comment