Saturday, January 31, 2009

Auntie Becca leaves for Africa

Today our dear sweet Becca left us for Ghana...and she won't be back until JUNE!!! We are going to miss her so incredibly much and there is no way I could put into words how much this girl means to me.
We had a family brunch this morning at Divine Restaurant, as a little send off. And then several of us, spent the rest of the day running last minute errands to get our sister ready. Saying good-bye was awful, as I knew it would be. But as hard as it was for me to say good-bye, it was 10 times harder to watch Becca say bye to Brandon. These two have developed a very sweet relationship these last few months, and although Brandon didn't realize he won't be seeing her for a long time, he gave her a kiss and said bye-bye in the sweet way he does every time she leaves the house...and that brought several tears to my eyes.
We miss you tons already, Bec, and can't wait for June to be here!!!

3 comments:

katy said...

Ugh...I got tears! So sweet Rach...I especially love the sister shot. I think I may need one more girl in our house to follow in the Conte sister footsteps. I would be over the moon to have three girls as amazing as you three. You are so so lucky and you're right...she is pretty awesome! I hope June comes soon for you too. We will miss you Becca!!!

katy said...

Oh, and her haircut is adorable! :)

Becca said...

right after I recovered from reading Jessica's blog, I was stupid enough to come here! So sad... I miss you guys so much. Hopefully we will have internet at the house by Monday for our gmail chat... love you.