Monday, January 26, 2009

Brandon's First Haircut

Saturday morning we took Brandon to get his first haircut...well, it was more like a trim than a cut if you want to be technical about it. The idea of cutting off those cute curls in the back of his head has been very daunting to me, but then I realized, we could trim the wings he'd grown on the sides and still keep the curls, all the while making sure he wouldn't have a mullet either. And there would also be no buzz cut for my little guy. He did pretty much how I expected, there were several tears, but no major melt down and he was thrilled when it was all over. So here are the pics (there are quite alot)! I love the new do, it's not a huge difference, but I think he looks all grown up!
Pre-cut photos


Not a huge fan of the water sprayer

The trimming begins


The tears begin

Trying to smile despite the tears

"Seriously, can we be done now."

All done! (Still not quite happy, though)

Back view...curls intact!

In the stroller and ready to go home.

At home and truly happy again!

3 comments:

katy said...

Super, super cute! He didn't lose his little boy look like I thought he would. Gosh he's cute! (And you're right...it's going to be Melissa! Just google her and you'll see why!) ;)

Becca said...

little man is growing up!

tiffany jeanne said...

We're debating about when to get Avery's hair cut...Kory thinks she needs it desperately, I'm kind of apprehensive...but Brandon looks so cute with his little 'trim' that I may suggest to Kory we take Avery for her 1st trim tomorrow!