Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Visiting Gigi and Papa

Josh, Brandon, and I just arrived home from a long weekend visit down to LA to see Josh's parents. The trip went as smooth as possible and I couldn't have asked for a better traveler out of my little 17 month old. We intentionally timed our flights around nap time and, boy, did it work out perfect. Brandon slept an hour on the way their and two hours on the way home!

LA was perfect. Brandon had the most amazing time with his grandparents and couldn't get enough of the outdoors. Beverly and Larry have this big, gorgeous deck that Brandon spent 70% of the trip running around on. From the moment he woke up to the moment he went to bed, he kept running over to the sliding door, pleading with us, "side?" (meaning 'outside'). He loved the weather and having some real quality time with his Gigi and Papa. We took a trip to the park, experienced Venice Beach, Josh and I got to see our friends Sam and Grant, and we had a great dinner out with Josh's cousin Jaime and her husband Ted. It was a fabulous weekend and none of us were ready to come home. We'll just have to make another trip down in the very near future!















2 comments:

katy said...

Very cute pics Rach! Looks like he had a blast! Great idea with napping on the plane. He looks out! So, is Beverly Gigi now instead of Nana? Was that B's idea? Cute if so. I like it! I know you're not excited to be home but I'm glad to have you back...can't wait to see you. Miss you tons. XO

Becca said...

so cute! Glad you guys had a great time. I plan my activities in Kenya around Dad's nap times :)

miss and love you.