Sunday, August 2, 2009
Surviving the heat
I didn't take many pictures this past week...I think because I was just too hot to do anything. But the few moments I had where I didn't feel like I was melting, I snapped a few quick ones (or at least Katy took pictures and I borrowed them). I'll be the first one to tell anybody who will listen that being 32 weeks pregnant and surviving a heat wave in Seattle with no AC is not easy, but we seem to be through the worst of it and I'm still here! We went to my parents' house Monday evening and hung out in their basement which was at least 10 degrees cooler than our house (picture below of Brandon crawling through the doggie door--toddlers always have to figure out things for themselves, right?). Tuesday night, we tried to tough it out at our house...bad idea. I think the heat made us all a little crazy, picture below of Brandon with his sandals on the wrong feet and he decided he'd wear a pair of goggles on his head for a few hours. And Wednesday, Katy invited Brandon and I over to her parents house to swim in their pool! It was heaven on earth and the best way to cool off. Then on Thursday, we left for Whidbey with Josh's family (pictures coming soon) where it was 10-15 degrees cooler and rode out the rest of the weekend heat there.


.JPG)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment