Friday, April 17, 2009

"Help, please"

For awhile, whenever Brandon needed help eating his oatmeal for breakfast, he would hold the spoon in the air and say to me "do-do, do-do" over and over until I helped him eat. It was driving me crazy so for a few days I said "Honey, just say 'help please.'" Well, it didn't take long for him to catch on and now he uses this phrase all the time. It is the cutest thing! If he wants help down from the table he's just climbed onto or help opening a container he says "help please, help please."
Here's a little video of my well-mannered toddler (not that he really knows what "please" means, but oh well) and if you listen closely, you can hear him say "broccoli", "open", and "help please." Before recording I had told him we could make him some broccoli for dinner, so he went to the cupboard where we keep our veggie steamer and then I pressed record. Soo cute!


2 comments:

Jack and Alison said...

Ok, he is the CUTEST. I love it!! I can hardly wait until Stella can say "help please" or even "all done" when she's finished with a meal - for now it's just lots of grunting and screaming to let me know. :) Brandon is adorable.

Becca said...

SO cute! I miss him :( glad I get to see him on video though!