Thursday, April 2, 2009

My 18 month old!

Holy cow, where has the time gone?!? I swear, the last six months has flown by so fast sometimes I don't know what hit me. All of a sudden I have this little boy who is becoming just the most amazing person right before my eyes. I look at pictures from just 4 months ago and can't believe the changes.
So to celebrate this special milestone, I took Brandon for his second haircut. Now, I'm not sure if the lady didn't understand what I meant by "let's keep it on the longer side," or if she wanted me to get my money's worth, or if she just thought "this boy's hair is so long, I better give him a real chop 'cause who knows the next time this lady's gonna bring him in..." But whatever her thinking was, it was not the same as mine! My little guy's hair got quite a butchering! It all happened so fast, by the time I realized how short the back was, I just let her even it up by chopping the front. And, although I think he looks adorable, as always, I was a little sad leaving the hair place. But I keep reminding myself, it's hair...it will grow back!!
After the hair chop, we stopped by the grocery store, which we seem to do fairly frequently these days (2-3 times a week). We picked out some blue balloons for Brandon to carry in the grocery cart (this is something we also do at least once a week...the boy LOVES balloons). As we did a quick run down a few of our favorite aisles, Brandon did what he always does and pointed out all the foods he knows-grapefruit, apples, watermelon, kakas (bananas), babas (watermelons), and several others...and I leaned over and gave him this huge mama kiss on his neck to which he let out this darling little giggle. Right then and there I had this moment I'll never forget. I just thought to myself "it doesn't get any better than this!" This child has brought me ultimate happiness and a feeling of complete peace. Motherhood really is the best gift in life! And for that, I have to thank my other most favorite thing in the world...my hubby!

9 comments:

katy said...

What? Are you kidding? I LOVE IT!!! It's so not too short. I think it's perfect. He looks like a boy for sure. Happy 18 months B! I love you to pieces! XO Auntie Katy

katy said...

Oh, and I love your moment in the grocery store. I have had a few of those too and you really do just feel bliss right then. I actually haven't felt that lately though. Perhaps I'm due for one of those moments! Maybe I need to start drinking again! Ha!

Jack and Alison said...

Adorable! I can't wait to see the haircut in person. He is the cutest. I love the grocery store moment too - and I love that you said you'll remember it forever. These kiddos really do bring so much happiness and love to our lives.

shannon said...

Lovely post Rach...will call you soon! xx

Becca said...

I miss this little angel! He is so stinkin cute... I love the short hair!

Christy said...

Hey! I love this post! B's hair is adorable, I just love it! I would imagine it's tough to see those lovely blonde locks go though... Rach, I can't wait to see you next week!! I'm really looking forward to it! Feel a big hug & know that I'm thinking of you often! Smooches!

tiffany jeanne said...

He looks darling and so 'little boy'ish with his new do! And I totally agree...being a mama is the BEST. It's funny how those realization moments hit us at wierd times and in strange places...like in the grocery store! Great post...it made me a little emotional!

Rachel said...

He's such a doll, Rachel. I love the new cut, it definitely makes him look a little older! 18 months sure went fast! And I love those special mommy moments, what did we do before these boys?! ;)

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook said...

I have adjusted and I love it too. He is soo cute and I've missed him all week!! Can't wait to see him tomorrow! And you!