Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Ball"

Brandon said his first official word on Tuesday night. He has been saying "bye, bye" and "mama" and "dada" for a while now, but I've never been sure if those counted as real words. Well, there was no missing this one! The first time he said it was during his favorite activity of the day, the bath. He handed me a little plastic ball and said "ball." He repeated this twice and I thought....OMG, he's got it! But then he handed me a little foam letter and said "ball" and I thought, oh, maybe not. Then the next morning he was rolling the ball back and forth with Josh and he said it again, "ball." I still wasn't quite convinced, until we went to our mother-baby sing along class. While we were sitting there singing and dancing, he looked across the room and saw a tennis ball on the floor and pointed to it and said "ball." Yes! That's it! He has said it several times since too! I am so in awe of this amazing little boy that is changing before my eyes everyday. I just can't wait to hear what else he has to say!

2 comments:

katy said...

OMG! He looks so grown up in that picture! What a boy he is becoming! Fun! Now hurry up and get your butt down here so I can see him in person!

Jack and Alison said...

OMG! Sorry to copy you Katy, but it's the only thing to say! He's too cute and adorable!!! I can't believe how fast he's growing and changing. What a big boy saying his first word!!